Duration: 36 Weeks (820 Hours)
This program provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge required to provide supervision in the payroll department.
Students become familiar with basic payroll practices and procedures, and are eligible to apply to the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) for Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification.
In addition to accounting and payroll expertise, students gain skills and experience in business correspondence, office procedures, business supervisory skills, and performing a job search.
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
- Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
- An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
- Full-time students must attend the required hours per week, as per the course schedule, and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evening, or on weekends.
Understanding of basic computer concepts.
- Basic Bookkeeping Level 1 & 2
- Business Correspondence Level 1 & 2
- Employment Success Strategies
- Office Procedures Level 1
- Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Payroll Fundamentals 1 & 2
- Telephone Communication Skills
- Windows Level 1
- Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship
Payroll supervisors are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
Careers that most of the people have sought with the skills learned in this program include, but are not limited to:
- Payroll Supervisor
- Accounting Supervisor
- Bookkeeping Supervisor